What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file safe that is stored on your browser when you visit almost any website. The usefulness of the cookie is the website to be able to remember their visit when I return to browse this page. Although many people do not know the cookies have been in use for 20 years, when the first browser for the World Wide Web.
What is NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus or a Trojan, not a worm, or spam or spyware, or pop-up window opens.
What information stores a cookie
The cookies not often store sensitive information about you, such as credit card or bank account information, photographs, your identity card or personal information, etc. The data stored are technical, personal preferences, personalization of content, etc.
The web server does not associate you as a person if your web browser. In fact, if you usually browse with Internet Explorer and try to browse the same web with Firefox or Chrome you will see that the web does not realize that you are the same person because you are actually associating the browser, not the person.
What kind of cookies are
- Cookies Technical: These are the most basic and allow, among other things, is to know when browsing a human or an automated application, when an anonymous user navigates and one registered basic tasks for running any dynamic web.
- Cookies Analysis: Collect information on the type of navigation is performing, most used sections, products viewed, time slot of use, language, etc. .
- Cookies ad: display advertising based on their navigation, their country of origin, language, etc. .
What are the cookies own and those of others?
The own cookies are generated by the page you are visiting and the third are generated by internal or external providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
What happens if I disable the cookies
To understand the scope that may have disable the cookies shows some examples:
- You can not share content of this site on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The web site will not adapt the content to their personal preferences, as often happens in the online stores.
- You can not access the personal area of the web, such as My account or My Profile or My orders .
- online shopping: It will be impossible to make purchases online, will have to be telephone or by visiting the physical store if you have one .
- It will not be possible to customize their geographic preferences as time zone, currency or language.
- The website can not perform analytical web visitors and traffic on the web, making it difficult for the website to be competitive.
- You can not write on the blog, you can not upload photos, post comments, evaluate or rate content. The web may not know whether you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam.
- can not be sectioned display advertising, which will reduce income from the web.
You can delete the cookies
Yes. Not only eliminate also block, general or particular to a specific domain.
To remove the cookies a website must go to the configuration of your browser and there you can find the associated domain in question and proceed to its elimination.
Settings cookies for more polulares browsers
Here’s how to access a cookie specific browser Chrome . Note: These steps may vary depending on the browser version:
- Go to Settings or Preferences using the File menu or by clicking the icon customization that appears above right.
- You will see different sections, click the Show advanced options option.
- Go to Privacy, Content Settings.
- Select all cookies and site data.
- A list of all the cookies ordered by domain appears. To make it easier to find the cookies to enter a specific domain or part of the address in the Search cookies.
- With this filter on the screen one or more lines with the cookies of the web request. Now just select it and press the X to proceed with their elimination. To access the settings of cookies browser Internet Explorer follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Go to Tools, Internet Options
- Click Privacy.
- Move the slider to adjust the level of privacy you want.To access the settings of cookies browser Firefox follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Go to Options or Preferences for your operating system.
- Click Privacy.
- History choose Use custom settings for history.
- You will now see the Accept Cookies option, you can turn on or off as desired. To access the settings of cookies browser Safari for OSX follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Go to Preferences , then Privacy.
- In this place will see the Block cookies to adjust the type of lock to perform. To access the settings of cookies browser Safari for iOS follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Go to Settings , then Safari.
- Go to Privacy and Security , you see the Block cookies to adjust the type of lock to perform. option. To access the settings of cookies the browser to devices Android follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Run the browser and press the menu , then Settings key.
- Go to Privacy and Security , see the Accept Cookies to select or deselect the option. To access the settings of cookies the browser to devices Windows Phone follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Open Internet Explorer , then more , then Settings
- You can now enable or disable the Allow cookies box.